KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks are a refreshing, naturally fermented water kefir drink. KeVita Master Brew Kombucha is a bold, brewed tea that is naturally fermented with kombucha culture, and green and black tea. KeVita Cleansing Probiotic Tonics are tangy, sweet, naturally fermented kefir drinks with apple cider vinegar. All are a great alternative to soda. The differences between the various KeVita drinks are the taste and types of cultures used to ferment them. KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drink uses a water kefir that is a Lactobacillus ferment. KeVita Master Brew Kombucha uses a Komagataeibacter SCOBY ferment, and our Cleansing Probiotic Tonic uses apple cider vinegar + water kefir cultures. The entire family of KeVita Drinks are certified organic, non GMO verified, gluten free, non dairy, vegan, kosher and handcrafted in our Southern, CA. facility.
Fermentation is a metabolic process by which bacteria and yeast convert sugar to acids, gases or alcohol.
Probiotics are live, beneficial bacteria, which are naturally found in the body.
Yes, the entire KeVita Family of Drinks is naturally fermented.
KeVita Sparkling Probiotic drinks, Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing Tonics and Master Brew Kombucha are considered non-alcoholic drinks (less than 0.5% alcohol ABV). KeVita Master Brew Kombucha is the only certified Non-Alcoholic (NA) kombucha in the marketplace at this time. KeVita performs 3rd party lab testing on all KeVita drinks, and results meet legal and regulatory requirements. All naturally fermented foods and drinks have trace amounts of alcohol, as it is a natural byproduct of the fermentation process.
As long as the fluid was poured from the bottle into a glass, KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks, Cleansing Tonics and Master Brew Kombucha will remain drinkable after opening until the labeled expiration date, if kept refrigerated. We are unable to predict longevity once a sip has been taken directly from the bottle.
Yes, the entire KeVita Family of Drinks are certified organic and handcrafted in our certified organic facility in Southern California.
Within the KeVita Family of Drinks, calorie counts range from 5 - 40 calories per serving. For nutrition information, refer to our Products Page.
Yes, the entire KeVita Family of Drinks are grain and gluten free.
Yes, the entire KeVita Family of Drinks are vegan and non dairy.
KeVita offers 3 product lines, totaling 27 different drink options. Only 5 of our flavors include coconut, which may be considered an allergen: Mojita, Strawberry Acai Coconut, Mango Coconut, Coconut and Pineapple Coconut.
Yes, the entire KeVita Family of Drinks must be kept refrigerated, and stored in the fridge until used or consumed.
We recommend that you drink KeVita prior to the expiration date.
Once fermentation is complete, kombucha is not dependent on live yeast or bacteria to be considered better for you. The functional benefits of kombucha such as the organic acids, polysaccharides (fiber) and flavor are created through the fermentation process which is completed prior to bottling. There are no studies indicating that fermenting in the bottle kombucha culture is more beneficial to the intestinal flora or gut microbiome.
KeVita drinks are available in the refrigerated section at Whole Foods Markets, natural foods stores, and grocery stores nationwide, including Kroger, Ralphs, Safeway, Sprouts The Fresh Market, Giant Eagle, Wegmans and thousands of other stores. Find KeVita with our store locator.
If your local stores currently do not carry KeVita, please ask your store manager to carry them! Stores can contact our Sales Team directly at Sales@Kevita.com
Most retailers that carry KeVita will special order by the case, and most, though not all, offer a 10% discount for purchasing by the case. KeVita drinks must stay cold, so we are unable to sell or ship directly to consumers.
KeVita Sparkling Probiotics and KeVita Apple Cider Vinegar Tonics are caffeine free. KeVita Master Brew Kombucha includes certified organic caffeine, which comes from a combination of green and black teas, and organic green coffee bean. There is 40mg of caffeine per serving, and 80mg of caffeine per bottle.
We use reverse osmosis purified water in all KeVita drinks.
Stevia is a non-caloric sweetener, derived from plants. Stevia Rebaudiana is an herb in the Chrysanthemum family, which grows wild as a small shrub in parts of Paraguay and Brazil. The glycosides in its leaves, including 10% Stevioside, account for its incredible sweetness, making it unique among the nearly 300 species of stevia. We use the finest Certified Organic Stevia Leaf Extract in KeVita Drinks.
KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks and Cleansing Tonics can be enjoyed any time: morning, noon or night. KeVita Master Brew Kombucha includes 80 mg of organic caffeine per bottle, so it’s especially great in the morning, or when you need an energy boost!
The KeVita Family of Drinks are refreshingly delicious, and meant to be enjoyed at your own discretion.
Everyone can enjoy the KeVita Family of Drinks!
Yes, the probiotics remain live inside the bottle. Nineteen clinical studies have been performed on the Bacillus coagulans (BC-30) that we add to KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks and Probiotic Apple Cider Vinegar Tonics. In Master Brew Kombucha, 3rd party lab test results indicate live probiotics remain active in the bottle.
CFUs stands for “colony-forming units.” CFUs are used to estimate the number of viable bacteria per bottle.
What makes KeVita Probiotic Apple Cider Vinegar Tonics unique is the combination of two live cultures: our proprietary water kefir culture, and apple cider vinegar culture. Apple cider vinegar is a fermented SCOBY comprised of Acetobacter, the bacteria essential to vinegar fermentation, along with Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast and apple juice. These fermented cultures, combined with the specific ingredients used in each of the Tonic flavors, make the Tonics truly unique.
The Cleansing Tonics are not designed as a meal replacement. They are versatile in that they do work with a wide variety of foods and diet approaches, such as Candida, Paleo, low to no sugar diets, the Body Ecology, GAPS, The Virgin Diet, The Fast Metabolism Diet and many others. The Tonics are often enjoyed as part of cleansing protocols, however, please consult your doctor or healthcare practitioner for a personal recommendation.
No, KeVita is only available in the U.S. and Canada at this time.
No, KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks and Cleansing Tonic Drinks are fermented with our proprietary water kefir culture. While water and milk kefir cultures are similar in structure, their cultures differ. The entire KeVita Family of Drinks is non-dairy.
Kombucha is a naturally fermented drink with a bold tea taste. Kombucha fermentation produces organic acids from the acetic and gluconic family of acids. Traditionally, kombucha is fermented with a culture of yeast and Komagataeibacter bacteria. These are the strains that are responsible for the characteristic compounds in kombucha that are truly unique.
Yes, as with all naturally fermented drinks, sugar is used to activate fermentation. We use the least amount of sugar possible, and add a miniscule amount of Stevia leaf extract post fermentation to create the energizing, smooth and bold kombucha taste you’ve come to love in KeVita Master Brew Kombucha.
Yes, Master Brew Kombucha has over 1,000mg of organic acids per serving, which includes acetic, gluconic and citric acid. Master Brew has 10x more Organic Acids than leading competitors.
No, there is no live yeast in KeVita Master Brew Kombucha. Yeast is used during the kombucha making process in order to ferment sugars into alcohol, which provides nutrition for the rest of the culture. Once the fermentation process has been completed, live yeast is no longer necessary, and is filtered out.
The NA symbol indicates that Master Brew Kombucha has been independently verified as a non-alcoholic drink. By law, a non-alcoholic drink must contain less than 0.5% alcohol by volume (ABV). The NA symbol represents KeVita’s voluntary commitment to compliance with federal alcohol regulations.
All naturally fermented foods and drinks have trace amounts of alcohol, which is a natural by-product of the fermentation process. KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks, Cleansing Tonics and Master Brew Kombucha do not contain alcohol levels any higher than that of other naturally fermented products such as Miso, Tamari, Soy Sauce, Pickles, Kim Chi, etc.
A kombucha ferment involves a SCOBY, which is comprised of Komagataeibacter (the bacteria essential to the ferment), Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast, sugar and tea. The Gluconacetobacter produces a unique bacterial cellulose pellicle. The Komagataeibacter produces organic acids, which gives kombucha its characteristic taste. Komagataeibacter is not a probiotic.
A SCOBY is an acronym for Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast, and is traditionally referred to as a consortium in microbiology. SCOBY is the interaction of yeast and bacteria, resulting in complex fermentation. Yeasts produces enzymes, such as invertase, which breaks down disaccharides into single sugars, which the bacteria then transforms.
Yes, Master Brew Kombucha is fermented with our proprietary, live SCOBY culture. The term SCOBY usually refers to the stringy, pulp like cellulose material that most kombucha is fermented with. The correct term for this cellulose material is called “Pellicle.” Often times, this pellicle is misinterpreted as a SCOBY, or mushroom.
The #InnerSelfie (the “Contest”) is a contest sponsored by KeVita (“Sponsor”). The Contest begins on September 12 and ends on March 12 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific (the “Contest Period”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States (void in Puerto Rico) and Canada, 18 years of age or older, except to employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsor, its member companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
There is no limit to how many photos can be tagged. To be eligible, all Internet entries for Contest must be received by 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time) on November 22, 2016, the “Contest Expiration Date”. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible Internet entries within three to five (3-5) business days of the Sweepstakes Monthly Expiration Date. The decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. For monthly contests, winner will be notified by social media by the last week on the month. For weekly contests, winner will be notified by social media two (2) business days before announcements are made. For monthly contests, winner will be notified on social media by the 15th of the following month after the Sweepstakes Monthly Expiration Date. If a potential winner cannot be reached by 6:00pm PST of the following day after the notification has gone out, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during seven (7) business days from the date of the Contest drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
4. PRIZES: Each entrant in the Contest will be entered into a drawing to win prizes that will be announced throughout the Contest. The grand prizes will be announced at intervals throughout the Contest.
No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery/fulfillment of the Contest Prize to the address provided by Contest Prize recipient when contacted by Sponsor. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the Contest Prize recipient.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and sign any further documentation requested by Sponsor consistent with these Official Rules, including an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of prize winner(s). Sponsor, its officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, undeliverable, indecipherable or incomplete entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies to use the winner’s name, social media image and/or video, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor and their agencies are not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or misuse of prize(s), participation in Contest, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, incomplete, misdirected, lost, illegible, indecipherable, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor and their agencies shall not be liable to participants for failure to supply the Contest Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor’s sole and reasonable control. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest and to select the winner by means of a random drawing from among all eligible Contest entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR’S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
8. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution or exploitation of Sponsor’s website or any other project of the Sponsor or any of its members or affiliates.
9. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, log onto http://kevita.com/kevita-innerselfie-contest-official-rules/