ReVitalize. From the Inside.
Janae, of The Hungry Runner Girl, loves to run, teach fitness classes, lead a healthy lifestyle and keep her gut happy. KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks are a big part of her active lifestyle. Here’s what she had to say about them:
View the full blog post here, and check out her giveaway for a chance to win 3 months of KeVita drinks!
Thrilled that Forbes interviewed our co-founder and CEO, Bill Moses!
We are thrilled that Forbes interviewed our co-founder and CEO, Bill Moses. In the article, Forbes spotlights KeVita as a brand that gets the millennial generation, and what it means to be healthy.
Here’s an excerpt:
Probiotics have often been referred to as friendly bacteria. They are part of the beneficial microorganisms that live in our gut. KeVita uses four billion CFU’s of live probiotics that allow consumers to experience Vitality From the Inside Out!
Incorporating probiotics into your lifestyle is a natural and effective way to improve digestive and immune health.
According to The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, between 60 to 70 million Americans are affected by digestive diseases. That’s nearly 20% of the population! Probiotics play a crucial role in improving digestive health. They support and enhance the beneficial bacteria that line the gut, and, a healthy gut improves the absorption of essential nutrients in foods and supplements, contributing to your improved health!
Immune response can be inhibited by a wide variety of factors, including stress from situations at work, home, and daily diet. When stress is high, the likelihood of illness increases… Enter probiotics! They’re proven to raise the body’s tolerance to stress, limiting the growth of negative bacteria during stressful moments. Friendly bacteria can give you a fighting chance.
KeVita’s Live Probiotic Drink is handcrafted to help revitalize your core so that you can reach your highest potential. The live probiotics and beneficial ingredients within KeVita drinks support health from the inside out. KeVita is all about loving yourself, and for us, this begins at your core. A healthy gut and immune system = a healthier, happier you. Let probiotics make your life a little sweeter!
Your mind formulates the program and works out all of the details, even down to what groceries and gear you will need. Then…your mind and body stage a coupe. They won’t budge; no matter how hard you will them to move. You need energy. You need a work out buddy. You need motivation. You need something, anything. This isn’t the first time this has happened, and it won’t be the last. Guess what? You are not alone!
Even those who are most dedicated to their health and wellness have moments where they “just can’t.” Sometimes the task of health and wellness is just “too much.” KeVita gets it. We understand that health and wellness are as much about knowledge and desire, as they are about dedication. However, sometimes, fueling that desire and dedication on your own is hard. Especially when you feel like your routine is lackluster, and you’re tired of staring at the gym wall.
So, this summer, grab your friends, your gear, which of course includes KeVita, and prepare yourselves for months of activity OUTSIDE of the gym.
Allow us to reintroduce you to Mother Nature! Nature, in all her splendid, ethereal glory, has bestowed upon us a natural obstacle course, specifically designed by the hands of time with the sole purpose to provide us every resource we could ever imagine to promote our health and wellness. Not to mention: this cardiac busting, muscle tightening, body limit testing, and mind expanding health and wellness center is absolutely free. So, what can one do in nature, without machines, a trainer or program tracking our every move, or mirrors to reflect our every move? Explore!
Here are five reasons why you should take your workout outdoors this summer.
1. You’ll actually want to exercise:
If you breathe some fresh air into a tired routine, you are more likely to lace up for your next work out. There have been studies that indicate you’re 23% more likely to repeat an outdoor workout. Further studies have shown that, people who spend time outdoors, are more likely to repeat the same activity the very next day! Mind. Blown.
2. Fitness will seem…wait for it…easier:
According to a study in Environmental Science and Technology, seeing the color green while being active is the exact OPPOSITE of kryptonite! Cyclists, while performing with a green backdrop, have actually rated their rides as 10% easier than without the backdrop. Apparently, the color green is soothing. The color green may actually give us super human powers. HULK, SMASH!
3. Health Benefits:
Studies have shown that doing something as simple as walking outdoors can improve your creativity and productivity, as well as your overall happiness. It has also been shown that those who spend more time outdoors have reduced blood pressure and stress levels. Not to mention one of the most important players in all individual health and wellness: sleep. While it seems obvious that actively choosing to be healthy will help improve sleeping patterns, it is NOT so obvious that working out in natural A.M. light can help you fall asleep up to an hour earlier at night (The Lighting Research Center: Troy, NY). No tossing and turning, healthy inside and out, plus an extra hour of sleep? Yes, please!
4. It’s A Great Excuse To Hang Out With Friends And Be Social:
Between work, families, housework and errands, as well as all of the other million things that consume our days, it’s hard to find time to get together with friends. So, make things easy on yourself! Be “actively social” by asking your friends to join you on your outdoor excursions. Working out with friends is a great time to catch up, mentally decompress and vent, bounce ideas off of each other, motivate and support each other, laugh, encourage, and most importantly, show your friends that you always have time for them. Who better to get your through the last leg than your best friend?
5. Lets you explore your neighborhood, city or nearby locations:
“I’ve lived here my whole life and never even knew this existed.” Have you ever heard someone say that, or, have you uttered this yourself? It is so easy to get lost in the daily grind of life, yet so difficult to stop and explore our surroundings. Some of the most profound moments happen right in our backyards! Grab your bike, and, instead of taking the habitual right, turn left. Take the unknown road. Hike that off the beaten path you swore you’d check out a thousand times. Climb that mountain 20 minutes away, simply just because you’ve been dying to witness a breathtaking sunrise. Hit the beach for some sunset yoga, and experience moments of true peace.
Whatever you do, wherever you go, make it an adventure!
Are Probiotics More Important Than A Daily Vitamin?
It is my great pleasure to be part of the KeVita team as the official nutrition ambassador. As a registered dietitian and certified nutritionist with a thriving practice in New York, my approach to a healthy diet focuses on eating, drinking, and enjoying thethings that are good for you.
That’s why KeVita makes perfect sense as a brand I choose to represent. KeVita applies rigorous standards to their ingredient list and fermentation processes, controls for yeast better than other probiotic beverages (so you don’t get varying alcohol levels or spikes), provides an excellent non-dairy source of essential probiotics, and offers a variety of wonderful flavors. If you enjoy a beverage that’s tasty and effervescent, skip the soda and get something that’s packed with nutrients and probiotics. Win-win!
I was first able to serve my role by offering input on a national survey – sponsored by KeVita and conducted by Harris Poll – with my fellow registered dietitians and certified nutritionists.
The survey yielded some very interesting findings on the way dietitians and nutritionists perceive and recommend probiotics. One of the first findings I want to dig into the perceived importance of probiotics vs. the multivitamin.
Of the 122 certified nutritionists polled, the finding shows 66% of certified nutritionists believe taking a daily probiotic is more important than taking a daily multi-vitamin.
The multi-vitamin used to be the ‘go-to’ daily health supplement. This finding provides real tangible evidence of a shift we’ve been seeing in self-managed health and nutrition and probiotic awareness. The gut is being more widely recognized as the epicenter of overall wellness and an increasing amount of clinical data is emerging on the benefits of probiotics, beyond digestion – which diet/nutrition professionals appear to be embracing.
As well, the finding may underscore the importance probiotics play in allowing for the absorption of vitamins. Good bacteria is what keeps the intestinal wall clean, thereby allowing for better absorption of healthy vitamins and nutrients. If your gut is prepped with good strains of probiotics – like those found in KeVita – you get more of a return, so to speak, on healthy choices and nutritious foods and beverages.
Furthermore, probiotics play a particularly critical role in the modern diet. We are seeing potential correlations with chronic conditions and the over processing, over pasteurizing and over sterilization of our foods and environment, which has had a detrimental impact on the good bacteria from our modern diet.
It’s interesting to note, dietitians were not there yet with their perception of the multi-vitamin vs. probiotics. Just 39% of dietitians felt that a daily probiotic was more important than a daily multivitamin, even though 88% of the dietitians polled had a positive opinion toward probiotics in general.
Frankly, this yield surprised me. In my opinion, a multi-vitamin may provide much higher quantities of vitamins than the body needs – putting more strain on the organs to eradicate the excess. This finding may relate to the fact dietitians typically serve in more clinical settings than their nutritionist counterparts, who can adapt more quickly to emerging scientific findings and data with their clients.
With my clients, I am really emphasizing getting back to the roots of good health. There isn’t one magic solution. I want my clients to eat, drink and savor their vitamins, nutrients and probiotics.
We would like to hear from you: what’s working for you in your daily rituals of self-managed health and wellness? What do you think about this finding? Email us at marketing@KeVita.com.
Sharon Richter, RD
The #InnerSelfie (the “Contest”) is a contest sponsored by KeVita (“Sponsor”). The Contest begins on September 12 and ends on March 12 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific (the “Contest Period”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States (void in Puerto Rico) and Canada, 18 years of age or older, except to employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsor, its member companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
There is no limit to how many photos can be tagged. To be eligible, all Internet entries for Contest must be received by 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time) on November 22, 2016, the “Contest Expiration Date”. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible Internet entries within three to five (3-5) business days of the Sweepstakes Monthly Expiration Date. The decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. For monthly contests, winner will be notified by social media by the last week on the month. For weekly contests, winner will be notified by social media two (2) business days before announcements are made. For monthly contests, winner will be notified on social media by the 15th of the following month after the Sweepstakes Monthly Expiration Date. If a potential winner cannot be reached by 6:00pm PST of the following day after the notification has gone out, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during seven (7) business days from the date of the Contest drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
4. PRIZES: Each entrant in the Contest will be entered into a drawing to win prizes that will be announced throughout the Contest. The grand prizes will be announced at intervals throughout the Contest.
No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery/fulfillment of the Contest Prize to the address provided by Contest Prize recipient when contacted by Sponsor. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the Contest Prize recipient.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and sign any further documentation requested by Sponsor consistent with these Official Rules, including an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of prize winner(s). Sponsor, its officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, undeliverable, indecipherable or incomplete entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies to use the winner’s name, social media image and/or video, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor and their agencies are not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or misuse of prize(s), participation in Contest, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, incomplete, misdirected, lost, illegible, indecipherable, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor and their agencies shall not be liable to participants for failure to supply the Contest Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor’s sole and reasonable control. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest and to select the winner by means of a random drawing from among all eligible Contest entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR’S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
8. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution or exploitation of Sponsor’s website or any other project of the Sponsor or any of its members or affiliates.
9. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, log onto http://kevita.com/kevita-innerselfie-contest-official-rules/