Kelle Hampton, of Enjoying the Small Things, is 37. How does she take care of her health and wellbeing at this age?
“When it comes to health and body issues, there’s only one bracket where I want to be… I want to feel good. Sometimes feeling good involves clothes and lipstick, but most of the time it’s about overall well being–listening to my body, taking care of myself, staying active, loving well. If there’s one thing different about my body than ten years ago, it’s that it will speak up. Not enough water? Too much to drink? Skipping meals? Aw, hell naw! It lets me know–and usually the second I roll out of bed. I do know that health and beauty resonates from the inside, and most of us could probably say that we feel our strongest and most beautiful when we are taking good care of ourselves–when we’re listening to our needs.”
Read more here.
Gina, also known as Fitnessista, believes that what you eat and drink on a daily basis contributes to your health and wellbeing.
She thinks it’s important to eat at least 3 full meals a day that include clean, natural ingredients. Here’s what she had for lunch:
“I enjoyed a delicious meal with components from our co-op. I picked up some of their amazing massaged kale salad with a vegan strawberry crumble, plus a bottle of KeVita’s Sparkling Probiotic Drink. I’ve been a huge fan of the KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks for years. They taste fruity and delicious, are slightly sweet and still very low in calories. They’re perfect when I want a sweet and bubbly drink, and are packed with probiotics. Each bottle contains 4 strands of live probiotics and 4 billion CFUs that support digestion and immune health.”
Read the full article here.
When you’re a mom, your schedule is always super busy and it can be difficult to take care of your overall health and wellbeing. That’s why Karen Alpert, aka Baby Sideburns, came up with a list of five easy ways moms can stay healthy amidst all the chaos. Here’s one tip:
“Drink lots of Kevita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks. Not only are they deeelish, but they have four different strains of live probiotics that promote digestive health and immune function, and they come in awesome refreshing flavors like Lemon Cayenne, Mojita Lime Mint Coconut and Hibiscus Berry and I’m getting thirsty. Sorry, that last one’s not a flavor. I really am getting thirsty just thinking about them.”
Learn more about all 5 tips here.
By Amie Valpone
Sponsored by KeVita
Eating Clean. It’s one of those buzzwords that everyone chats about these days. You see it online, in magazines and on TV, but what is it exactly?
To me, eating clean is all about eating whole, organic foods with a focus on getting back to basics and ‘uncomplicating’ food. Food is simple, yet so many people stress over every calorie, carb and gram of fat. You can easily simplify your lifestyle and your food by eating clean on a daily basis. How? Well, you can base all of your meals and snacks around nutrient-dense, whole foods. What’s in an avocado? An avocado. What’s in an apple? An apple. No need to reach for a processed salad dressing when you can drizzle some lemon juice with olive oil, sea salt and pepper on top of your salad or roasted veggies. Simple. It might sound intimidating to simplify your food since our taste buds are acclimated to the chemical tastes of packed foods, but I’m living proof this can be done and you can have fun while doing it.
Years ago I worked in fashion at Vogue Magazine, and didn’t think twice about what I ate and drank on a daily basis. My life revolved around work, deadlines and being stressed out. Food was simply an afterthought until my life turned upside down. When I was in my early 20s my body started to shut down. I was diagnosed with everything from Lyme disease to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Leaky Gut, Candida, Hypothyroidism and more. At one point, I was given 24 hours to live with c-diff colitis, and as I laid there watching the morphine drip into my arm, I promised myself that if I survived, I’d dedicate my life to helping others get to the root cause of their health issues. I feel compelled to share my story knowing there is something in the sharing that we all find common ground on the journey to self discovery. My hope is that my story speaks to you. It’s funny how sometimes the world seems a little bit smaller when we tell our stories of how we discovered our true self and woke up to live the life we were meant to live.
My process of self-discovery was more of a remembering than a learning. It felt so natural and easy. I remember feeling like my life started to flow instead of feeling stuck and surrounded by chaos and drama. I started letting go of relationships that no longer fed my soul, began eating organic foods and dove into years of self-study on probiotics, prebiotics, how to balance the immune system and how to relax the nervous system. Surprisingly, my body started to balance out, return to homeostasis and heal. I taught myself how to get my body working for me, not against me, and learned how eating clean and mind-body practices can play a prominent role in our health.
Food and meditation were my path to discovering who I really was inside, and what my heart longed for. Trust me, ten years ago you couldn’t have paid me to meditate. Now, I rarely miss a day. Same goes for eating clean. It’s a part of my life, and once you see how amazing you feel with this lifestyle, why would you ever go back to feeling not-so-fabulous ever again? My life revolves around taking care of myself, and making sure that I’m filling my body with nutrients, probiotics, fermented foods, healthy fats, proteins and complex carbohydrates on a daily basis. I’ve discovered that, in order to heal completely, I had to make lasting changes to overhaul my lifestyle. Now, I live a gluten-free, dairy-free and plant-based lifestyle where veggies are at the center of every meal. When I travel, some find it strange when they see me eating raw zucchini and hummus on an airplane, or my ripe avocado with a spoon from my hotel room. When I’m home in Manhattan, I’ll roast a bunch of veggies on Sunday nights, then pair them with hummus, avocado, chickpea miso and sauerkraut.
My motto for a simplified life has always been: be happy, be brave, be strong and be you. That’s the message that has gotten me through the last decade with my health, and continues to get me through each day. Being authentic and learning how to be ME, instead of following what everyone else was doing, is what allowed me to embrace the world of wellness, clean eating and wholesome, happy thoughts. Without this well-rounded approach, I wouldn’t be where I am today – in perfect health – vibrant, helping others and embracing life. I feel more open and alive after unwrapping the life that I tucked away for so long and have finally let myself be what I was always meant to be.
The journey to self-discovery is different for everyone, but one thing I know to be true is that spending time alone, following your heart, and shutting off all the noise from what everyone is doing or telling you to do is an easy way to start simplifying your life today. Stop worrying about what others are thinking, stop trying to please everyone, stop eating a perfect diet or overworking yourself at the gym or in the office. Take time for you. Find who you really are and what your soul longs for. The messages will come to you. Trust yourself and trust the process of unfolding to your true self. For me, waking up extra early and having a morning routine was something that truly helped me balance my life. Sounds too simple to be true but it worked wonders.
Every morning, I start my day by feeling grateful for another beautiful opportunity to be alive and healthy. On weekdays, I set my alarm for 6:30 AM, get out of bed, brush my teeth, wash my face and head to my meditation pillow where I meditate for about 20-30 minutes. I usually light a candle, play soft music and drift away.
If I have an early meeting, I’ll move my meditation to the evening before bed, but I love doing it first thing in the morning to jump start my day. Then, I’ll do
something called Skin Brushing, which is taking a skin brush and brushing my dry skin toward my heart to remove
all the dead skin as well as stimulate my lymph, where toxins like to hang out in the body. You can think of the lymph system as a sewer system; however it doesn’t have a pump, so it’s ideal to start moving your lymph each day. Then, I hop into a warm shower and finish off with a quick flush of cold water for about a minute to stimulate my lymphatic system again. After I dry off, I get dressed and make breakfast, which is usually sautéed kale, collard greens or Swiss chard in a spoonful of coconut oil along with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. I always add a handful of sprouted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds and drizzle it with organic tomato sauce. Then I’ll top it off with half of a sliced, ripe avocado and fresh parsley. It’s heavenly and I could honestly eat this every morning. Eating leafy green veggies for breakfast keeps me energized and feeling good, which is why it’s a staple in my home for every meal.
I also wanted to share a breakfast recipe that describes my inner self: nutrient-dense, happy and uplifting, yet uncomplicated. To me, this smoothie signifies happiness, authenticity and simplicity, which are three principles I live my life by. It’s important to me to live from a place of happiness and authenticity, which includes eating what makes me feel good instead of what everyone else is eating. My advice to you is to be true to yourself, and start to listen to how your body feels when you are eating certain foods. Listen to what your body wants to eat or craves. These are all signs that should be listened to, not ignored (I ignored these signs for way too many years while living a stressed out life in my twenties). Be authentic to yourself, and feel free to substitute other fruit in this recipe, such as cantaloupe, pears or strawberries, according to the season, so you can enjoy it anytime of the year.
Strawberry Mint Smoothie
1 cup of fresh strawberries, sliced
1 large, ripe banana
¼ cup of KeVita Mango Coconut Sparkling Probiotic Drink
3 mint leaves, fresh
1 tablespoon of chia or hemp seeds
Ice cubes (optional)Puree all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Add more KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drink for a thinner consistency, if desired. Transfer to a glass and serve.
I love making this smoothie on busy mornings, and I often serve leftovers for a naturally sweet dessert when I’m in the mood for something after dinner that won’t give me a sugar rush before bed. It’s free of gluten, dairy, soy, refined sugar and animal products so it’s naturally vegan. Get your blender out tonight, and prep these ingredients for the morning, so you’ll be ready to whip up breakfast in under 5 minutes before you head out the door. Enjoy!
By Amie ValponeSponsored by KeVita
My journey of ten years of chronic illness has brought me to where I am today, feeling healthy and strong enough to reconnect with the world. This post is my attempt to honor the woman I’ve become, and share with you how, little by little, I learned to befriend myself, love myself and realize that life is about what’s on the inside.
Throughout the last few years of my healing journey, my morning practice has been to look at the woman in the mirror with a smile and kind eyes. While going through chronic illness, I learned how to trust my inner guidance and cultivate a relationship with my inner self, which is something that didn’t come to surface for me until my 30s. In my 20s, I used to look outside myself and compare my life to what everyone else was doing on social media, and in real life. Now, I create with intent, from the inside out, knowing that following my heart and listening to myself is the key. If I’m stressed, unhappy or anxious, I go inwards to revitalize my life. I tend to my inner world first. I sit with myself, listen to soft music, go outside and walk in the grass until I center myself and feel calm.
This is what drew me to KeVita’s “Inner Selfie” app, which showcases that it’s about what’s on the inside that counts! Previously, when I didn’t feel well, I’d look outside of myself for answers in hope that I’d find the solution in a pharmaceutical drug or doctor. During this time, I kept giving my power away until I learned how to trust myself. This is what revitalizing, from the inside out, really means to me – taking charge of my health by listening to, and trusting, the voice inside.
The Inner Selfie app is a great way for me to express who I truly am inside, my passion for clean living, and a way to show my face with my favorite Kevita flavors. Trust me, it’s super easy to create your own selfie, and there’s a handful of fun, colorful filters you can use to showcase how you revitalize yourself, from the inside out.
To get started, head on over to innerselfie.kevita.com, and upload a picture of you with a bottle of Kevita. I walked around my neighborhood in Manhattan, and snapped a few pictures of myself on a sunny day with a few bottles of my favorite Kevita flavors, and you can do the same! Here’s a step-by-step guide to show you how to use the app to create your very own #InnerSelfie.
Snap a photo that captures who you are on the inside. It could be anything from a picture of you on the beach to you doing a yoga pose in your favorite yoga class or enjoying the beautiful outdoor weather with your bottle of Kevita. No matter where you are and what you show in your photo, ask yourself, ‘Is this the real me’? ‘Am I being authentic to myself?’ ‘What word do I want to use that I feel describes who I really am?’ Then, have your picture showcase what you embody.
If you already have a photo you’d like to use, you can upload it from your photo library or Facebook. If you’re taking a picture from your computer, you may need to allow use of your computer camera so be sure to check on that if you’re not using your phone.
You can easily click through the instructions at the bottom of your image where you’ll see a set of small white dots or you can click ‘skip’ to go straight to photo-taking. Then, add your favorite KeVita filter based on your favorite flavor, which will generate a soft colored filter over your image. Get creative and have fun adding bubbles and a colorful filter that suits you best by scrolling to the left and right underneath your photo. Try a few flavors to see which one you like best.
Next up is figuring out how you feel inside. On this part of the app, you’ll see a fill-in-the-blank area where you can select your word of choice that describes what you are all about on the inside or you can add your own word of choice. So, what’s inside you? Allow your creativity to flow- a word might just pop into your mind that describes who you are and what you’re all about. Use that word. That’s what happened to me!
This step is more about the ‘feeling’ than the ‘thinking’ about who you are, so try to feel what is inside of you instead of thinking about it. In my life, I simply embody my truth and that’s something that has stuck with me throughout my journey. Focus solely on what you believe and let the illusions melt away. Trust me. That’s all I’m doing, too and that’s how I move past any negativity or thoughts that don’t resemble my truth.Embody your truth and be inspired by that.
This step is for you to shine and show off your authentic self by choosing a word that describes you. I chose the phrase “I am CLEAN inside” because those words really resonate with me and my lifestyle. Take time to explore what it feels like to be inside your own skin as you move throughout your day. Close your eyes and ask yourself what it is that you want to share. Remember, this has nothing to do with what other people think about you – that’s none of your business anyway. This is your opportunity to shine and express yourself. What’s important is to focus on you and to stay genuine to yourself and how you really feel. Feel free to move around the ‘I am ____ inside’ text box on the photo wherever you’d like it.
Almost done! Now, you can email the photo to yourself, download the photo to your phone or computer, and share it on social media. For social media sharing, all you need to do is save your image and share it on your Instagram, Facebook and Twitter channels with the #InnerSelfie hashtag and it will post automatically. If you choose to share your image on Facebook, write your caption in the space provided and share away.
Take as many inner selfies as you’d like, the the more the merrier. And encourage your friends to join in on the #InnerSelfie conversation. I’ll be joining in on the fun, too, so be sure to follow @KevitaDrinks on social media, and come chat with us.
My favorite part of this app is searching for the hashtag #InnerSelfie on social media, and seeing what others have shared about themselves. You’ll feel inspired for having stayed true to yourself when you see others putting themselves out into to the world who they truly are without worrying about what others may think.
After all, it’s what’s inside that counts. How do you express your inner self in a way that makes you feel alive, vibrant and whole? Snap a pic of yourself that captures the true YOU, and jazz it up with the fun Kevita filters. Choose a word that describes the real YOU, and upload it to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to allow your followers to express themselves as well. You’re the curator of your life. Use this app to decide what it looks like to feel free and live life to the fullest. Be brave and let yourself be seen.
Close your eyes and take a moment. Can you feel it? Your aliveness? Go snap a pic of your aliveness and share it with us.
Anne, of Fannetastic Food, loves KeVita Master Brew Kombucha so much that she always has some in her fridge. Why does she love it? Here’s a few reasons:
“Because they are full of healthy bacteria called probiotics! Probiotics are living microorganisms that are believed to improve health by maintaining balance in our digestive system. The body is a natural home to these organisms; the digestive system alone boasts a large quantity of many types of bacteria, which help keep the intestines healthy and aid in digesting and absorbing nutrients from food. Probiotics also promote healthy immune function by helping to protect us from pathogens and assisting with detoxification of harmful compounds (like alcohol or drugs). I drink kombucha pretty much every single day – usually before dinner either as a happy hour or while cooking. I love having a fun fizzy drink before dinner that won’t leave me dehydrated and mildly headache-y the next morning – total win. :)”
Read the full post here.
There is just something about KeVita and the beach! Grace, of Camp Patton, just started drinking kombucha recently, and found our Master Brew Kombucha to be mind blowing! She brought KeVita along on their beach excursion, and here’s what she had to say about our kombucha:
“I know a lot of my friends are big Kombucha drinkers and, as usual, I’m tardy to the party. But, I’m hoping I’m only fashionably late because the benefits of KeVita’s Master Brew Kombucha are kind of mind blowing. Brimming with live probiotics, organic acids, and organic caffeine (80mg is equivalent to a cup of green tea), KeVita’s Kombucha is genius, and a much healthier alternative to my afternoon/evening caffeinated drink of choice, that inevitably leads to a crash and bedtime burn right when I need that last push to get the kids down.”
View the full blog post here, and check out her giveaway for a chance to win 3 months of KeVita drinks!
Janae, of The Hungry Runner Girl, loves to run, teach fitness classes, lead a healthy lifestyle and keep her gut happy.
KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks are a big part of her active lifestyle. Here’s what she had to say about them:
“A little about KeVita Sparkling Probiotic Drinks: They are super refreshing after a run, or at the beach, or, wherever you need a delicious break. They are naturally fermented with a Water Kefir Culture, and they have 4 strains of live probiotics and 4 billion CFUs). The flavors are all super unique, which makes me even more excited to drink one, because they are so different than any other flavors I eat/drink (for example they have a Lemon Cayenne one and Mojito Lime Mint Coconut that I love).”
View the full blog post here, and check out her giveaway for a chance to win 3 months of KeVita drinks!
Thrilled that Forbes interviewed our co-founder and CEO, Bill Moses!
We are thrilled that Forbes interviewed our co-founder and CEO, Bill Moses. In the article, Forbes spotlights KeVita as a brand that gets the millennial generation, and what it means to be healthy.
Here’s an excerpt:
“KeVita, a brand of functional, healthy beverages has taken off in the industry and has found a way to keep millennials interested and caters to their desire for quality and health.”
Probiotics have often been referred to as friendly bacteria. They are part of the beneficial microorganisms that live in our gut. KeVita uses four billion CFU’s of live probiotics that allow consumers to experience Vitality From the Inside Out!
Incorporating probiotics into your lifestyle is a natural and effective way to improve digestive and immune health.
According to The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, between 60 to 70 million Americans are affected by digestive diseases. That’s nearly 20% of the population! Probiotics play a crucial role in improving digestive health. They support and enhance the beneficial bacteria that line the gut, and, a healthy gut improves the absorption of essential nutrients in foods and supplements, contributing to your improved health!
Immune response can be inhibited by a wide variety of factors, including stress from situations at work, home, and daily diet. When stress is high, the likelihood of illness increases… Enter probiotics! They’re proven to raise the body’s tolerance to stress, limiting the growth of negative bacteria during stressful moments. Friendly bacteria can give you a fighting chance.
KeVita’s Live Probiotic Drink is handcrafted to help revitalize your core so that you can reach your highest potential. The live probiotics and beneficial ingredients within KeVita drinks support health from the inside out. KeVita is all about loving yourself, and for us, this begins at your core. A healthy gut and immune system = a healthier, happier you. Let probiotics make your life a little sweeter!
It is my great pleasure to be part of the KeVita team as the official nutrition ambassador. As a registered dietitian and certified nutritionist with a thriving practice in New York, my approach to a healthy diet focuses on eating, drinking, and enjoying thethings that are good for you.
That’s why KeVita makes perfect sense as a brand I choose to represent. KeVita applies rigorous standards to their ingredient list and fermentation processes, controls for yeast better than other probiotic beverages (so you don’t get varying alcohol levels or spikes), provides an excellent non-dairy source of essential probiotics, and offers a variety of wonderful flavors. If you enjoy a beverage that’s tasty and effervescent, skip the soda and get something that’s packed with nutrients and probiotics. Win-win!
I was first able to serve my role by offering input on a national survey – sponsored by KeVita and conducted by Harris Poll – with my fellow registered dietitians and certified nutritionists.
The survey yielded some very interesting findings on the way dietitians and nutritionists perceive and recommend probiotics. One of the first findings I want to dig into the perceived importance of probiotics vs. the multivitamin.
Of the 122 certified nutritionists polled, the finding shows 66% of certified nutritionists believe taking a daily probiotic is more important than taking a daily multi-vitamin.
The multi-vitamin used to be the ‘go-to’ daily health supplement. This finding provides real tangible evidence of a shift we’ve been seeing in self-managed health and nutrition and probiotic awareness. The gut is being more widely recognized as the epicenter of overall wellness and an increasing amount of clinical data is emerging on the benefits of probiotics, beyond digestion – which diet/nutrition professionals appear to be embracing.
As well, the finding may underscore the importance probiotics play in allowing for the absorption of vitamins. Good bacteria is what keeps the intestinal wall clean, thereby allowing for better absorption of healthy vitamins and nutrients. If your gut is prepped with good strains of probiotics – like those found in KeVita – you get more of a return, so to speak, on healthy choices and nutritious foods and beverages.
Furthermore, probiotics play a particularly critical role in the modern diet. We are seeing potential correlations with chronic conditions and the over processing, over pasteurizing and over sterilization of our foods and environment, which has had a detrimental impact on the good bacteria from our modern diet.
It’s interesting to note, dietitians were not there yet with their perception of the multi-vitamin vs. probiotics. Just 39% of dietitians felt that a daily probiotic was more important than a daily multivitamin, even though 88% of the dietitians polled had a positive opinion toward probiotics in general.
Frankly, this yield surprised me. In my opinion, a multi-vitamin may provide much higher quantities of vitamins than the body needs – putting more strain on the organs to eradicate the excess. This finding may relate to the fact dietitians typically serve in more clinical settings than their nutritionist counterparts, who can adapt more quickly to emerging scientific findings and data with their clients.
With my clients, I am really emphasizing getting back to the roots of good health. There isn’t one magic solution. I want my clients to eat, drink and savor their vitamins, nutrients and probiotics.
We would like to hear from you: what’s working for you in your daily rituals of self-managed health and wellness? What do you think about this finding? Email us at marketing@KeVita.com.
Sharon Richter, RD
The #InnerSelfie (the “Contest”) is a contest sponsored by KeVita (“Sponsor”). The Contest begins on September 12 and ends on March 12 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific (the “Contest Period”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States (void in Puerto Rico) and Canada, 18 years of age or older, except to employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsor, its member companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
There is no limit to how many photos can be tagged. To be eligible, all Internet entries for Contest must be received by 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time) on November 22, 2016, the “Contest Expiration Date”. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible Internet entries within three to five (3-5) business days of the Sweepstakes Monthly Expiration Date. The decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. For monthly contests, winner will be notified by social media by the last week on the month. For weekly contests, winner will be notified by social media two (2) business days before announcements are made. For monthly contests, winner will be notified on social media by the 15th of the following month after the Sweepstakes Monthly Expiration Date. If a potential winner cannot be reached by 6:00pm PST of the following day after the notification has gone out, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during seven (7) business days from the date of the Contest drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
4. PRIZES: Each entrant in the Contest will be entered into a drawing to win prizes that will be announced throughout the Contest. The grand prizes will be announced at intervals throughout the Contest.
No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery/fulfillment of the Contest Prize to the address provided by Contest Prize recipient when contacted by Sponsor. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the Contest Prize recipient.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and sign any further documentation requested by Sponsor consistent with these Official Rules, including an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of prize winner(s). Sponsor, its officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, undeliverable, indecipherable or incomplete entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies to use the winner’s name, social media image and/or video, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor and their agencies are not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or misuse of prize(s), participation in Contest, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, incomplete, misdirected, lost, illegible, indecipherable, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Contest. Sponsor and their agencies shall not be liable to participants for failure to supply the Contest Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Sponsor’s sole and reasonable control. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest and to select the winner by means of a random drawing from among all eligible Contest entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR’S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
8. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution or exploitation of Sponsor’s website or any other project of the Sponsor or any of its members or affiliates.
9. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, log onto http://kevita.com/kevita-innerselfie-contest-official-rules/